- Zeit weekly
- Faculty Engineering
- Credit Points 5
- Workload / Duration 74 h in total
The module provides extensive knowledge in chemistry and electrochemistry , with a comprehensive overview of various coating methods , and related sciences.
Upon the completion of the course, students are expected:
- Understand various different solution and methods to differential equations including
classical linear theory, Laplace transforms, and numerical methods
- Understand and apply in engineering applications: vector calculus, integral theorems,
elementary partial differential equation solution methods, and Fourier analysis.
- Understand the use of probability theory and statistics, error analyses and how
inferences from sampled data can be quantified and used to make meaningful decisions
Mode of instruction:
The course combines lectures with presentations and discussion.
1. Introduction to material and teaching modules and modes of evaluation
2. Basic concepts and definitions
3. Equations and Inequations
4. Vector algebra (Addition, subtraction, scalar product, vector product, triple product, applications)
5. Functions and graphs (Properties of the most important functions for engineering)
6. Differential calculus for functions of variable and applications 8 Student Presentation/ mid exam
7. Integral calculus for functions of one variable and applications
8. Error analysis and statistics
9. Final Exam